WhatsApp officially announced several new features for the messenger audio recording and playback system. The new improvement is aimed at making voice messaging as easier as text messaging.
The platform currently states its at 7 billion voice messages on average, all of which are protected by end-to-end encryption to ensures privacy and security.
The platform highlighted that it made recording and sending voice messages a faster and easier process with a simple design. According to WhatsApp, the messenger includes the following news:
Features of Voice Messaging
- Playing outside the conversation: Listen to a voice message outside the conversation so you can perform other tasks or read and reply to other messages;
- Pause/resume recording: When recording a voice message, you can pause recording and resume whenever you want if interrupted or needs to think before continuing recording;
- Wave format: is a visual representation of the sound in the voice message to help track the recording;
- Recording preview: Listen to your voice messages before sending;
- Resume playback: If you pause a voice message during playback, you can listen to it from where you left off when you return to chat;
- Accelerated playback for forwarded messages: Listen to regular, forwarded voice messages at 1.5x or 2x speed.
The features will be available over the next few weeks to all WhatsApp users with devices that still receive official support for updates.
Launched in 2013, WhatsApp voice messages have become easier and faster to have more meaningful conversations. In addition, in many situations, audios are the preferred means of communication for many users on the platform.