Pale Moon browser is a web browser based on Mozilla Firefox. It is available for Linux OS and the Windows OS platforms and distributed by M.C. Straver. Releasing the highly optimized browser to the public from Oct 4th, 2009 Pale Moon has built on Firefox with optimization for efficiency of code and aimed at current and modern microprocessors. Pale Moon is available free of charge as open source code archive and freeware binary releases.
Because it is based on Firefox, most of the available Firefox extensions and plugins are compatible with Pale Moon. The Pale Moon browser is very efficient on the following tested hardware.
Main features of the Pale Moon browser:
- Optimized for modern processors
- Safe: forked from Firefox and regularly updated.
- Supported by a friendly, active community of users
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface (no Australis!)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions (add-ons) and themes
- Pale Moon exclusive extensions and themes
- Extensive support for HTML5, CSS3 and WebGL
- Many customization and configuration options
- Able to import existing Firefox profiles with the migration tool.