If you lose an item with an AirTag attached to it, you can follow these steps to try and locate it
Set up your AirTag
To track an AirTag, you must first set it up and attach it to the item you want to track. To do this:
- Remove the white plastic tab from the AirTag,
- Place it close to your iPhone or iPad, and follow the on-screen instructions to set it up and give it a name.
How to track an AirTag
Here’s a guide on how to track an AirTag. To begin Open the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad. You can also open the Find My website on iCloud.com from any device with internet access:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the “Items” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Look for the entry for the lost item and select it.
- If the item is within range of your device, you should see its current location on the map. If it’s not within range, the app will show you the last known location.
- Tap on “Directions” to get turn-by-turn directions to the item’s location.
- If you’re still unable to find the item, you can put the AirTag into Lost Mode. This will lock the item and display a message with your contact information on the device of anyone who finds it.
- You can also enable notifications for when the AirTag is found by someone else’s device.
Look for the item that you attached the AirTag to on the list of items in the Find My app or website. If the item is nearby, you can play a sound on the AirTag to help you find it. If the item is not nearby, you can see the last known location of the AirTag on the map. If you have an iPhone 11 or later, you can use Precision Finding to get more accurate location information about the AirTag. To use this feature, move closer to the AirTag and follow the on-screen instructions to get more precise directions to its location.
If you can’t find your item, you can enable Lost Mode in the Find My app or website. This will allow you to receive notifications when the AirTag is found and give you the option to display a message on the screen of the device that finds it.
Play a sound to locate the AirTag
If you are within Bluetooth range of the AirTag, you can play a sound to help you locate it:
- In the Find My app, select the AirTag
- and tap “Play Sound.” (The AirTag will emit a loud sound that can be heard from nearby).
Apple AirTag is an effective tracking device that can help you locate and keep track of your items . By following these steps, you can easily track your AirTag and find your misplaced belongings.