Samsung Smart View is a feature that allows you to mirror the contents of your Samsung device onto a smart TV. It provides an enhanced viewing experience by allowing you to display your smartphone or tablet’s screen on a larger display. Smart View is primarily designed to work with Samsung smart TVs , but it may also be compatible with other brands that support the Miracast standard.
To use Samsung Smart View, follow these steps:
- Ensure TV and Phone are on the same Wi-Fi network: Make sure your TV is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone.
- Open the Quick Settings panel: On your phone, open the Quick settings panel by swiping down from the top of the screen using two fingers.
- Find and tap the Smart View icon: The Smart View icon may be located in the Quick settings panel. If you don’t see it, try swiping left or click the Edit button to add the Smart View button.
- Select your TV: After tapping the Smart View icon, a list of available devices will appear. Select your Samsung TV from the list.
- Allow permission on the TV screen: If the TV rejects the connection, you may need to allow permission for your device to access your TV. On your TV, go to Menu → Settings → All Settings → Connection → External Device Manager → Device Connect Manager. Select your mobile device from the device list and change its status to Allow.
- Start using Smart View: Once the connection is established, you can use your phone to control your Samsung TV and access content stored on your mobile device. You can now navigate through your device’s interface, open apps, play videos, and more, all displayed on the TV screen.
It’s important to note that the availability and functionality of Samsung Smart View may vary depending on the model of your Samsung device and smart TV. Additionally, some older Samsung devices may use a different screen mirroring feature called “Screen Mirroring” instead of Smart View.
More Information ℹ