The proper name of the game is Mortal Kombat: Armageddon and it is the seventh main installment in the Mortal Kombat franchise . It was released in 2006 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox, and in 2007 for Wii.
The game features virtually every character from the previous games and players select one of them to battle a selection of other fighters to determine the fate of the Mortal Kombat universe. The gameplay retains many of the same elements from the previous Mortal Kombat titles Deadly Alliance and Deception, including characters’ multiple fighting styles.
The game was well-received, particularly for the large number of playable characters and the story-based Konquest mode.
Here are some of the most iconic ones:
- Sub-Zero – a member of the Lin Kuei clan of assassins who posses the ability to control ice and cold.
- Scorpion – a resurrected ninja from the Shirai Ryu clan who can control fire and summon hellfire.
- Raiden – a god of thunder who is the protector of Earthrealm.
- Johnny Cage – a martial arts actor who uses his skills to fight in the tournaments as a human representative.
- Liu Kang – a Chinese Shaolin monk who specializes in martial arts and is the main hero in the franchise.
- Sonya Blade – a special forces agent who handles the Earthrealm’s missions.
- Kano – an Australian mercenary who fights for his own benefits and is the leader of the Black Dragon crime syndicate.
- Shao Kahn (boss character) – a powerful godlike emperor of Outworld who wants to conquer other realms.
- Kitana – an Outworld princess who later allies with Earthrealm and possesses powerful fans that she can use in combat.
- Goro – a half human, half dragon, four-armed warlord from the Outworld and champion of the Mortal Kombat defended by Outworld.
- Shang Tsung
- Jax Briggs
- Noob Saibot
- Shinnok (boss character)
- Quan Chi (boss character)
- Onaga (boss character)
- Kronika (non-playable character)
Whether you prefer the iconic Scorpion and Sub-Zero, the agile Kitana and Mileena, or the powerful Raiden and Shao Kahn, the Mortal Kombat franchise offers a wide range of characters to choose from, each with their own unique fighting styles and abilities.