The cost of Twitter Blue and how to apply for Twitter verification
The verification process helps to distinguish authentic accounts from fake or parody accounts, thus preventing impersonation and fake news. The criteria for eligibility for Twitter verification have changed over time but currently include several factors, such as profile completeness, active use, confirmed email and phone number, and adherence to Twitter’s terms of service and community guidelines.
Table of Contents
Twitter also requires users to provide information such as a bio, profile photo, and header image, and may request additional documentation to confirm the identity of the account holder. You need to have an active subscription to Twitter Blue, which is the premium version of Twitter before conceiving the thought of verifying on Twitter.
Twitter Blue is a monthly subscription service offered by Twitter, which provides a range of benefits to subscribers. Some of the benefits of Twitter Blue include early access to select new features , like the ability to edit tweets, as well as exclusive access to app customizations and more creative power over content. Additionally, subscribers to Twitter Blue receive a blue checkmark on their account, which lets people know that the account is authentic and of public interest.
The cost of Twitter Blue varies by platform, with subscribers who sign up on iOS paying $11/month and those who sign up on the web are paying $8/month. The service was initially launched in limited markets in 2021, but has since expanded to more regions. Twitter is constantly updating and changing its services, so the specific benefits of Twitter Blue may change over time however, you require a subscription to it to qualify for application for a verified checkmark.
To get verified on Twitter, you’ll need to meet certain requirements and apply for verification through Twitter’s verification request form. Here are the general steps you’ll need to take:
- Meet the eligibility requirements: Twitter only verifies accounts that fall into one of several categories, such as government officials, companies, brands, or individual creators who are “public figures” and have a considerable following.
- Update your profile: Ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date, including a profile photo, header photo, bio, and website link.
- Enable two-factor authentication: Set up two-factor authentication to provide extra security for your account.
- Apply for verification: Submit a verification request through Twitter’s online form. In your application, you’ll need to provide detailed information about why you believe you qualify for verification and submit links to relevant supporting materials.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, you’ll need to wait for Twitter to review your request. If your request is approved, you’ll receive a blue verified badge on your profile.
This process verifies that you are who you say you are and that your account is of public interest.
Twitter is currently phasing out its legacy verified program, so some verified accounts may have their verification checkmark removed if they don’t meet the current criteria.
Starting since April 1, twitter is winding down their legacy Verification program and accounts that were verified under the previous criteria (active, notable, and authentic) will not retain a blue checkmark unless they are subscribed to Twitter Blue. All subscribers will need to meet the new eligibility criteria to receive or retain the blue checkmark.
Twitter vs Twitter Blue
More Information ℹ
- Twitter Blue Pricing
- How to get the blue checkmark on Twitter
- Twitter Vs Twitter Blue! (Should You Upgrade?)