Zoom announced yesterday the launch of the hardware line, Zoom Phone Appliances. Focused on hybrid work, the line unites Zoom video conferencing technology with Poly and Yealink hardware, which offers video, audio, and touch screen functions.
The company explains that Zoom Phone is a kind of “all-in-one desk phone”, as it can make video calls in HD resolution, phone calls and even “turn” into an interactive whiteboard.
“Traditional offices are evolving and adapting, and our goal is to empower the workforce to accomplish even more by shortening the boundaries between voice and video. Appliance features a selection of hardware for Zoom Phone specially developed by Poly and Yealink. They remove barriers and enable a powerful communication experience,” .says Graeme Geddes, head of Zoom Phone and Zoom Rooms
According to the company, the devices offer a number of benefits for use in professional environments:
- Zoom Phone slates are always on, making it easy to schedule or schedule last minute meetings;
- You can make and receive calls, check voicemail, annotate, or collaborate with colleagues in shared folders;
- No additional licensing is required, just log in with your Zoom account;
- Whiteboard mode allows the user to quickly share their ideas with other colleagues;
Zoom Phone devices are available through the Zoom Hardware-as-a-Service program and also through authorized Poly and Yealink resellers.
- Caller ID, call history, voicemail, transfer options, 3-way calling, call blocking
- Shared Line Appearance/Delegation
- Calendar integration
- Corporate directory
- High-quality video and audio
- Content sharing
- In-meeting chat
- Customizable views