MTN call barring is a service that helps customers block all (or some) incoming / outgoing calls on their MTN lines. This guide is aimed at showing you how to activate or deactivate call barring on your MTN line.
But, first of all, we’ll talk about all the different options people who decide to use this service have.
People who purchase MTN SIM cards do that for varying reasons. For one reason or the other, some people don’t want to receive calls on their lines. Others, on the other hand, may be interested in preventing outgoing calls. Whatever your intentions may be, this guide will help you achieve it.
You can activate or deactivate call barring by visiting MTN SIM toolkit. Alternatively, you can dial some simple codes on your line.
To change from the default MTN call barring password (PIN), dial *03*330*Old or Default PIN*New PIN*Repeat New PIN#
For instance, to change from 0000 to 1245 you need to dial *03*330*0000*1234*1234#.
This code must be dialed using your MTN line.
MTN Call barring codes
- To activate barring for all outgoing calls, dial *33*PIN#
- To deactivate barring for all outgoing calls, dial #33*PIN#
- To check outgoing call blocking status, dial *#33#
- To block all incoming calls, dial *35*PIN#
- To deactivate, dial #35*PIN#
- To check incoming calls blocking status, dial *#35#.
Outgoing International Calls
- To bar all outgoing international calls, dial *331*PIN#
- To cancel call barring for all outgoing international calls, dial #331*PIN#
- To check status for your outgoing international calls, dial *#331#
Outgoing international calls except to home country
- To activate, dial *332*PIN#
- To cancel, dial #332*PIN#
- To check status, dial *#332#.
Incoming calls when outside home country
- To bar incoming calls when you’re outside your home country, dial *351*PIN#.
- To deactivate call barring for incoming calls when outside home country, dial #351*PIN#
- To check your incoming call barring status on MTN when you’re outside your home country, dial *#351#
Barring incoming calls when you’re outside home country is a useful feature when you’re out on a business trip abroad and don’t want any disturbance.