A new feature is in the process of testing to increase Microsoft Edge productivity. This is not the first time That Microsoft allows the opening of two pages in a window.
Edge’s newly introduced sidebar lets you add and pin sites for quick access. It is worth remembering that Vivaldi, for example, already allows users to divide the window into four tabs.
How to turn on the Microsoft Edge split screen:
- Install Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, or Canary.
- Go to edge://flags/#edge-split-screen and set the flag to Enabled.
- Restart the browser.
- Open any web page and click the Split screen button in the toolbar. The browser will open a new tab next to the current page.
- Alternatively, right-click any link and select Open split window link
- You can exit the split screen by clicking the X button (this will close the page) or by pressing the “…” button and selecting View screen pages divided into two tabs.
The company made the “Microsoft Edge Split Screen” flag available to Edge users on canary channel, which allows you to open two pages side by side in a browser window.
You can already use multiple Edge windows to view multiple pages simultaneously. But with Split Screen you don’t have to drag tabs to organize windows, you can even resize the split tabs and open the links side by side.