Google Workspace is a suite of cloud-based productivity and collaboration tools offered by Google. It provides a range of applications and services designed to enhance communication, productivity, and collaboration within organizations. Formerly known as G Suite, Google rebranded it as Google Workspace to better represent its integrated experience across various tools.
Key Features of Google Workspace
- Custom email for your business
- Collaboration tools like Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Chat, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Sites, and more
- Phishing and spam protection
- Ad-free email experience
- Flexible pooled storage per user
- Access to additional features for a limited promotional period
Editions and Pricing
Google Workspace offers different editions to cater to the needs of businesses and organizations. The available editions include Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, and Enterprise. The number of users allowed varies depending on the edition, with a maximum of 300 users for the Business editions. Enterprise plans have no minimum or maximum user limit.
If you need assistance with Google Workspace, there are several resources available:
- Help Center: The Google Workspace Help Center provides documentation and guides for managing users and services.
- Google Workspace Community: Join the Google Workspace Community to ask questions, get answers from experts, and stay updated on news and resources.
- Support Channels: You can contact Google Workspace support online through various channels, including the Google Workspace status dashboard, social media, and the Google Workspace for Admins Community. The experience with support is not the best, nonetheless they demonstrated a desire to improve themselves.
Before attempting to setup your device for IMAP, be sure your administrator has enabled the functionality on your service and your account has enabled the IMAP function.
IMAP settings for Google Workspace
IMAP settings for Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) are as follows:
- Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server: imap.gmail.com
- Port: 993
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465 or 587
- Requires TLS: Yes
- Requires authentication: Yes
More Information ℹ