Barter by Flutterwave is a consumer-focused product that offers a quick and seamless way to send and receive money, pay bills and create virtual cards for personal needs from the convenience of your mobile phone.
Virtual cards have become necessary in the digital society due to the various insecurities of the web and the odds of using direct cards for transactions. . As developers and stakeholders alike team up to curb these insecurities everyone needs one eye open whiles having a bite of the goodies the web has brought and do better to solve the broken when building the new.
It is a lifestyle payments service that offers users a cheaper and seamless way to send , request, and receive money. Barter by Flutterwave has a virtual wallet that allows users to make purchases, send and receive money using bank transfers, mobile wallets, and other payment methods. The service is owned by Flutterwave, which is one of Africa’s biggest fintech companies with over 500,000 users (According to Fluterwave).
Advantages of Barter by Flutterwave
- Ability to create special virtual card for recurrent payments
- Set quotas against them to never have to deal with over-billing
- Users have the ability to create multiple cards with a single account
- Users can purchase airtime for various networks
- Make payment with quick response (QR) codes
- Users can create virtual US dollar debit cards within seconds, and the app allows for instant sign-up and onboarding process.
- Barter allows for payments and transactions to be made in over 150 currencies, with accessibility in over 30 countries.
- The app offers low fees compared to traditional banking and other payment solutions.
- Barter is built with advanced security features to protect users’ financial information and prevent fraudulent activities.
- The Barter app also offers additional services, such as bill payments, airtime top-up, and savings plans.
Disadvantages of Barter by Flutterwave
- Barter is currently only available in a few African countries, so users in other parts of the world may not be able to use it.
- Even as it is touted as cheaper, fees associated with using Barter, such as transaction fees or foreign exchange fees, could deter based on your country.