Spotify has introduced a new tool called “Broadcast-to-Podcast” which allows radio broadcasters to turn their broadcasts into podcasts . The tool was announced in April 2023 as part of Spotify’s ongoing push into the podcast market. The new technology allows in-app radio stations to turn their live streams into podcast episodes.
This allows the content to be consumed on-demand, rather than being limited to a specific time and channel. Some broadcasters use this method as an additional way to promote and distribute their content to a wider audience.
This feature should expand the target audience of these communication companies innovating in a segment that has been popularizing both in the countries all over the world. The new tool is designed to help radio producers tap into new audiences by easily converting their existing audio content into on-demand podcasts. The tool is currently integrated into Spotify’s enterprise podcast hosting platform Megaphone .
Here are the steps to use this feature:
- Sign in to Spotify for Podcasters, or create a new account if you don’t have one already.
- In the left menu, click on “Add Show” to create a new podcast.
- On the “Add Your Show Details” page, enter a name and description for your show.
- On the “Create Show” page, click on the “Broadcast to Podcast” button.
- Follow the instructions to connect your streaming provider to your podcast, and select the source of your broadcast.
- Verify your source and configure any additional settings, such as episode title formatting and ad insertion.
- Once you’re done configuring your settings, click on “Broadcast to Podcast”.
It should be noted that this feature is currently only available to select partners and beta users. If you’re interested in using this feature, you can contact Spotify for more information on how to get access.
The tool presented by Spotify improves the experience by making it possible to listen to the broadcast without being live, a benefit that is one of the main attractions of podcasts. This technology can automatically place ads in the content – thereby monetizing the recorded episode – and detect music played.
“With this new broadcast-to-podcast feature, we’re empowering radio publishers to reach existing audiences throughout the day, but to connect with new and younger audiences,”Emma Vaughn, global head of business development and advertising partnerships at Spotify.
How much does it cost?
Broadcast-to-Podcast is available on Megaphone by Spotify, a podcasting platform of Spotify for enterprise publishers and professional podcasters, with a comprehensive set of tools that helps them publish, measure, and monetize their podcast businesses. Cost of the service is currently hidden behind an onboarding form requiring a tailored made approach after asking interested publishers some questions.
The feature is though available to radio broadcasters as a part of Spotify’s free, all-in-one platform for podcasters.
More Information ℹ