YAP is a financial technology which strongly distinguishes itself of not being a Bank. The company do however provide banking services or digital payment services platform and is engaged in providing certain facilities for utilization of payment services under the applicable payment network and Bank Identification Number Sponsorship through National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah (P.J.S.C.) also refereed to as; RAKBANK. YAP Holdings is licensed with the Dubai Department of Economic Development under the license no. 798986.
YAP provides seamless money transfer and payments methods for users including card payment. There is an added value of analytics which helps users in making sense of their spend and tracking payments with simplified financial graphics.
7 Benefits of YAP
- Receive access to multi-currency, bill splitting, local & international transfers, QR payments and bill payments
- Create and make payments with MasterCard Virtual cards.
- Send instant fee free money transfer
- Receive real-time notifications on every spend
- Set limits and be in full control of your cards.
- The app has pretty good analytics to help you keep track of spend.
- Get a physical card usable at ATMs with the MasterCard logo and online.
The YAP Expansion
- YAP Fintech Ghana Limited holds a PSP Enhanced License from the Bank of Ghana with commercial license number CS353682018 and a mobile offering dubbed MONEYAP. MONEYAP does literally the same things as YAP which ties the reason for the change of name to the existence of Yup Ghana Limited which holds a Dedicated Electronic Money Issuer license with a product dubbed YUP. MONEYAP Solutions are facilitated by YAP Fintech Ghana Limited pursuant to the ICA, BIN and BBAN sponsorship of the ADB (” Sponsor Bank “).
- UAE’s YAP secures $41m to support continued expansion
- YAP expands into Pakistan with EMI licence approval
YAP products currently serve in United Arab Emirates and Pakistan with ongoing developing plans for Ghana, Morocco and Egypt placing YAP in an operating market of Middle East, Africa and Asia.
What is RAKBANK
The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah (P.J.S.C) is one of the oldest financial institutions in the United Arab Emirates. RAKBANK as is shortly denoted is a Public Joint Stock Company founded in 1976, and has since undergone a series of transformations which realised officially RAKBANK as the identity of the institution in 2001. RAKBANK serves Personal customers, Small Businesses and has offering in Corporate Banking. The Bank is 52.76% owned by the Government of Ras Al-Khaimah and its shares are publicly traded on Adams Diversified Equity Fund (ADX).