On Wednesday the 23, Google released the Beta 2.1 version of Android 12, which brings several bug fixes and improves the stability of the system. Users who have build 2 on their devices should soon receive a warning that they can install the update. One of the highlights of the release is the adjustment of features on the lock screen, which until then had problems and “froze” even in simple actions, such as discarding notifications, swiping through warnings, access to quick settings or unlocking itself.
The At a Glance widget has also received attention and displays information, such as events recorded in the calendar and weather, accordingly. In Android 12 Beta 2.1, you can more fluidly check out Material You, the search giant’s new design proposal, as well as new privacy features and several other minor changes and improvements, all already inserted in the previous release. Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are the devices contemplated for the new OS version.
Android 12 Beta 2.1: see what’s changed
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from accessing items on the lock screen. For example, swipe down on the notifications tab, swipe out notifications, or swipe up to unlock your phone. (Problem No. 190702454)
- Fixed issues that caused information such as weather and calendar events not to appear in the At a Glance widget on the home screen or on the lock screen. (Problem No. 190700432, problem no. 190644743)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused oscillations or untouchable animations in access to recent apps with gesture navigation.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused microphone and camera permission indicators to lock and disappear until the phone was restarted.
- Fixed an issue using Android Emulator with an Android Virtual Device (AVD) running Android 12 that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where, after installing the Beta and resetting the device, some users would get stuck in the configuration wizard (issue #190082536).