Microsoft last week released another update for Windows 7 and 8.1. Called ‘Patch Tuesday’ (package Tuesday, in Portuguese), the update brings some important fixes to the operating system, solving some security holes and issues reported by users. Windows 10 also received the package.
The developer has also released a security update that arrives under the number KB5003681 and can be downloaded manually through the Microsoft Update catalog.
- Security updates for Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Authentication, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows HTML Platform, and Microsoft Scripting Engine;
- Security updates for Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Authentication, Windows Fundamentals, and Windows Storage and Filesystems;
In addition to ensuring greater system protection Windows update often add new packages to Windows, being recommended to check weekly if an update is available, especially in Windows 10.
- Open the System Settings and follow until ‘Update and security’;
- Check for a Cumulative Update available and download it, if any;
- Perform the installation and press to restart the machine.