Director of Finance & Administration Job Overview.
Bitsweaver aims to strengthen its financial directions and management to make ‘best fit’ business decisions that ensures growth and sustainability while complying with the laws and best practices.
Our objective is to sign on more than 1,000 companies within two years and achieve growth for revenue by 30% while saving cost upto 20% in two years. By joining Bitsweaver, you will become a key player in realizing the growth and achieving this goal.
Major Purpose of the Position
The Director of Finance contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively directing and managing all financial tasks for the organization.
- 6+ years of experience in accounting & finance and management; Proficient in using software.
- Strong leadership, technology, analytical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and aptitude for current regulatory and complaisance practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and or accounting. In addition to these prerequisites, candidate with a master’s degree in business administration (MBA), qualified, chartered, certified professional qualification such as CIMA, ACCA, CFA, etc. will be a plus.
- A director of finance with degree in law will be an added advantage and a deal breaker.
- The company will be going through strategic integration (possible mergers and acquisition and the finance director must take a supporting role.
- The director of finance ISN’T LOOKING FOR JUST A JOB; he or she wants a professional challenge and a solid step forward as the company seek to compete with global IT players etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Finance and Administration performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Overseeing insurance and risk management; Maintaining budgeting and forecasting models.
- Performing financial modeling and analysis; Assisting with business funding decisions.
- Hiring, training and retaining competent finance staff.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Charitable Status, Withholding Payments (CPP, EI), Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, Employer Health Tax.
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations.
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, human rights, etc.) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant.
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner; Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time.
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Executive Director and Treasurer and/or Finance Committee.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
Benefits / what to expect from us
- Competitive emolument.
- A culture of excellence; Passionate colleagues; and Exciting collaborative environment.
- A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon; and Access to executive leadership.
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions.
- The runway to maximize your ability.
Applications Closed for this Vacancy