Practical Education Network (PEN) is currently accepting applications to lead our content marketing efforts. We are looking for a dynamic individual with strong writing skills and who would like to apply these skills to spread exposure of our extensive work with STEM educators on the ground. He/she should have experience in writing and curating insightful content. This is a full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience. The person must be a university graduate and must have at least one year’s experience in a relevant role (National Service can count).
Practical Education Network promotes hands-on learning in West African STEM classrooms. PEN’s curriculum utilizes locally-available materials to form activities that align with national standards. Over the last 3 years, PEN has trained 3,000 Ghanaian teachers and 100 local-level trainers in this experiential approach. We have gained a lot of knowledge and experience in the process and are looking for someone to tell some of these stories and share some of these learnings with a broader audience.
To work for PEN is to join a nimble team, which includes an American MIT alum and Ghanaians- all passionate about hands-on learning. The content marketer will be the fourth full-time team member, and they should equally be ready to work towards improving education in Ghana. They will play a pivotal role in helping establish PEN as a thought leader in STEM education on the continent.
• Write engaging content to go on PEN’s digital platforms. 80-90% of your time will be spent writing.
• Synthesize information from PEN’s existing work and present in a concise form for various stakeholders to appreciate.
• Generate a range of content, including interviews, case studies, opinion pieces, etc. • Present content on a range of platforms including social media, PEN’s website/blog, etc.
• Measure the results of the content marketing activities and adjust strategy as needed.
• Employ basic SEO techniques to drive traffic to PEN’s website.
• Additional duties, which may arise as needs evolve.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
The hire will conduct a combination of office work and field work- working out of Impact Hub Accra as a base and going to field to interact with teachers and students who’ve been impacted by PEN’s work so that their stories can be told. A monthly salary based on experience level will be provided.
Interested parties should Submit their application form here. by 27th October 2018.