If 5G appears and reflects these prognoses, the major difference from a user point of view between 4G and 5G techniques must be something other than increased peak bit rate. For example, higher number of simultaneously connected devices, higher system spectral efficiency (data volume per area unit), lower battery consumption, lower outage probability (better coverage), high bit rates in larger portions of the coverage area, lower latencies, higher number of supported devices, lower infrastructure deployment costs, higher versatility and scalability, or higher reliability of communication. Those are the objectives in several of the research papers and projects below.
Three very distinct 5G network visions that had emerged underlines:
- A super-efficient mobile network that delivers a better performing network for lower investment cost. It addresses the mobile network operators’ pressing need to see the unit cost of data transport falling at roughly the same rate as the volume of data demand is rising. It would be a leap forward in efficiency based on the IET Demand Attentive Network (DAN) philosophy.
- A super-fast mobile network comprising the next generation of small cells densely clustered to give a contiguous coverage over at least urban areas and getting the world to the final frontier of true “wide-area mobility.” It would require access to spectrum under 4 GHz perhaps via the world’s first global implementation of Dynamic Spectrum Access.
- A converged fiber-wireless network that uses, for the first time for wireless Internet access, the millimeter wave bands (20 – 60 GHz) so as to allow very-wide-bandwidth radio channels able to support data-access speeds of up to 10 Gbit/s. The connection essentially comprises “short” wireless links on the end of local fiber optic cable. It would be more a “nomadic” service (like Wi-Fi) rather than a wide-area “mobile” service.
Features of 5G
- 5G technology offer high resolution for crazy cell phone user and bi-directional large bandwidth shaping.
- The advanced billing interfaces of 5G technology makes it more attractive and effective.
- 5G technology also providing subscriber supervision tools for fast action.
- The high quality services of 5G technology based on Policy to avoid error.
- 5G technology is providing large broadcasting of data in Gigabit which supporting almost 65,000 connections.
- 5G technology offer transporter class gateway with unparalleled consistency.
- The traffic statistics by 5G technology makes it more accurate.
- Through remote management offered by 5G technology a user can get better and fast solution.
- The remote diagnostics also a great feature of 5G technology.
- The 5G technology is providing up to 25 Mbps connectivity speed.
- The 5G technology also support virtual private network.
- The new 5G technology will take all delivery service out of business prospect
- The uploading and downloading speed of 5G technology touching the peak.
The 5G technology network offering enhanced and available connectivity just about the world.
Known Research and Development
In 2008, the South Korean IT R&D program of “5G mobile communication systems based on beam-division multiple access and relays with group cooperation” was formed.