As the fourth industrial revolution takes on at scale with socialization and business becoming more and more intimate with the online world, so is the issue of security.
Today, almost all major social media platforms allow you to add an additional layer of protection to your accounts. Two-factor authentication settings can usually be enabled under your account’s security and login settings.
You may find settings with names like “Additional Verification” or “Login Verification” or “2FA” (two-factor authentication) but know that these are all talking about the same thing: Two-factor!.
In this post I’ll walk you through a step-by-step guide in setting up Duo Mobile and enable 2FA for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and all of your social media accounts.
How To Set-Up Duo 2FA With Your Instagram Account
Let’s first take a look at how to protect your Instagram account using Duo Mobile. First, download Duo Mobile from the app store.
Launch the Instagram app on your phone and go to your profile.
Open the Menu at the top right.
Tap “Settings” (at the bottom of the menu)
Tap “Two-Factor Authentication”
Tap “Get Started”
Toggle on the “Authentication App” setting
- You’ll be prompted to use Duo Mobile – Tap Next.
- If you don’t have Duo Mobile installed, it’s important to download it from the app store before this step!
After tapping the button, you’ll be redirected into Duo Mobile where you’ll see a new account has been added
- We need to verify things were set up correctly.
- First, tap the passcode to copy the 6 digits.
- Then, switch back to Instagram.
- Back in the Instagram App, tap “Next”
- Paste the 6 digit code into the 6 boxes.
- iPhone Tip: Tap over the first empty line for the “Paste” prompt.
- Tap “Next”
Two-Factor is now set up. Hit “Next” ( You will see recovery codes. It’s important to save these recovery codes for when you need them. )
Duo Mobile makes it easy to restore your third-party personal accounts with Duo Restore. Or on the next screen you’ll see recovery codes. It’s important to save these recovery codes.